PRI and the National Geriatric Initiative to Improve the Care of Older Hospitalized Adults
NICHE, a program of the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing at New York University College of Nursing, comprises nearly 300 hospitals throughout North America. Started in 1992, NICHE is the only national geriatric initiative to improve the care of older hospitalized adults.
The Hartford Institute needed to find a way to instantly, and automatically, make sense of more than 40,000 responses—and growing—from their Geriatric Institutional Assessment Profile (GIAP), a 152-item self-completed survey for staff from more than 300 hospitals across the country.
- Survey data instantly transformed into presentation-ready charts, graphs, and PowerPoint slides
- Real-time access to all source data
- Comparison data from “peer” hospitals (matched by teaching status and bed size) provides the opportunity for general and market-specific benchmarking.
- Benchmarking information is used for strategic planning, design of new or re-design of existing services, staff/professional development programming, and/or other initiatives that provide value to geriatric patient cohorts.
- Results are used to assess staff perceptions of, attitudes towards, and knowledge about common geriatric disorders; expose the barriers nurses confront in providing good care; and provide information about institutional quality and capacity for meeting the special needs of hospitalized older adults.
- Website development
- Online business applications
- Design and Branding
- Customized solution delivery
PRI provides ongoing maintenance and support, and will grow with the program and take advantage of upcoming technological advances.